Genshin Impact performs incredibly well on mobile devices but there are still times when you’ll want to link your HoYoverse accounts to see the world of Teyvat on the big screen, whether that’s on console or PC. The game allows players to do this, but does Genshin Impact also support cross-platform play?
Genshin Impact is one of the best mobile games to play in 2022, and it’s an excellent way to adventure on the go but sometimes you’ll want to take in Teyvat in all its big screen glory – especially with the vibrant Sumeru release just around the corner!
To get the best graphical experience in Genshin, you’ll want to link your mobile account to a console or PC. Fortunately, doing this is fairly easy and doesn’t take more than a couple of minutes.
Whether you’re tired of playing on mobile or just wish to see how Genshin plays on the big screen, then you’ll want to follow our handy guide to help get you up and running. We’ll also cover if Genshin Impact supports cross-platform play, and which platforms qualify for the feature.
- Is Genshin Impact cross-platform?
- How to link your Genshin Impact mobile account to PC
- How to link Genshin Impact mobile account on PS4 and PS5
- What is cross-save in Genshin Impact?
We’re pleased to report that, yes, Genshin Impact does support cross-platform play across a range of devices. Those playing on mobile, console, or PC, will be able to play with others using different platforms.
So, whether you’re playing on PlayStation 4 or 5, Nintendo Switch, PC, or mobile, you’ll be able to play the game with people using various other platforms.
Here’s how to link your PC to your existing mobile account:
- Tap the Paimon icon (top left) to bring up the menu.
- Click on the cog (left of the screen).
- Select the ‘Account‘ option.
- Click on ‘User Center‘.
- Find the email option and send a verification code to your registered email address.
- Head over to your registered email and locate the verification code.
- Head back over to the game and enter the verification code.
Once you’ve done the above, your account should be linked across both PC and mobile devices. Simply log in via the verified email and you will be able to instantly pick up from where you last left off.
Even if you switch from one platform to another using the same account, you can still take advantage of cross-platform play.
Linking your accounts on either PS4 or PS5 is also incredibly easy, with a slight caveat. If you’ve already previously logged into the game on console prior to cross-save being introduced, you will not be able to link an account that’s associated with that email address.
These steps will also only work on a fresh install of the game. However, this won’t impact your ability to plat Genshin Impact cross-platform.
- When the game loads, a notice titled ‘Welcome to Genshin Impact’ will appear. It’ll prompt you to read two agreements.
- After agreeing to them, another notice will appear saying ‘Prepare to Begin Your Adventure’. Here, you’re able to link your existing email address associated with your current mobile account.
- Select ‘Link miHoYo account (Email)’.
- A browser window will pop up. Enter your email, and you’ll be sent a verification code.
- Enter that into the bottom box, and your account will be linked.
- You’re all set – enjoy exploring Teyvat on console!
To put it simply, cross-save enables you to play on the same Genshin Impact account across numerous devices.
For example, if you have a console Genshin Impact account and wish to play on PC and mobile, then following the above steps will transfer and link all of your progress freely between any device of your choosing.
This is obviously a fantastic feature for those that wish to play across PC, mobile, PS4, PS5, and eventually, Switch. You can also link your Facebook, Twitter, Google, Apple, and Game Center accounts via the Linked Accounts option should the above not work for you.
If you do happen to run into any trouble, then click this link to head on over to HoYoverse’s official site.
That’s everything you need to know about cross-platform play in Genshin Impact, and how to link your accounts across console, PC, and Mobile.
Be sure to visit our Genshin Impact homepage for all the latest news, and while you’re here why not check out our guides below?
Best Genshin Impact characters: Ranked tier list | How to get Mora | How to get free characters | What is Pity in Genshin Impact? | Where to buy apples in Genshin Impact | All Cryo characters | All Electro characters | All Geo characters | All Pyro characters | Is Genshin Impact on Steam? | Genshin Impact daily login rewards