The best Hu Tao build utilizes a number of Genshin Impact’s meta Artifacts and weapons, which help maximize the 5-star Pyro character’s damage.
Hu Tao is one of the strongest characters in Genshin Impact, especially when she is equipped with the game’s best Artifacts and weapons. As the 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, Hu Tao is well accustomed to the spectral spirits that inhabit Teyvat.
When the ghostly girl isn’t busy guiding spirits to the afterlife, she can be found obliterating her enemies with flaming-hot pyro attacks and lightning-fast polearm jabs. Hu Tao is a great DPS unit that can burn through even the toughest enemies.
- Hu Tao abilities
- Hu Tao Constellations
- Best Hu Tao Artifacts
- Best Hu Tao weapon in Genshin Impact
- Hu Tao Talent Level-Up and Ascension materials
- Hu Tao banner rerun
- Hu Tao trailer
- Best Hu Tao team comp
Hu Tao abilities in Genshin Impact
Normal Attack: Secret Spear of Wangsheng
- Normal Attack: Hu Tao Performs up to six consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged Attack: Hu Tao consumes Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to enemies along the way.
- Plunging Attack: While airborne, Hu Tao Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Hu Tao Elemental Skill: Guide to Afterlife
Hu Tao consumes a part of her HP, knocking nearby enemies back and entering the Paramita Papilio State. During this state, Hu Tao gains the following effects:
- Increased ATK based on her Max HP
- Her attack DMG is converted to Pyro DMG
- Added resistance to interruption
- Charged Attacks apply the Blood Blossom effect to enemies
Hu Tao Elemental Burst: Spirit Soother
Hu Tao commands a blazing spirit to deal Pyro DMG in a large AoE. Upon striking the enemy, she regenerates a percentage of her Max HP. This effect can be triggered up to five times based on the number of enemies hit.
If Hu Tao’s HP is below or equal to 50% when the enemy is hit, both the DMG and HP Regeneration are increased.
Hu Tao Constellations
Lucky enough to get multiple copies of Hu Tao? Then you have some great constellation buffs to look forward to.
- Level 1 — Crimson Bouquet: While in a Paramita Papilio state activated by Guide to Afterlife, Hu Tao’s Charge Attacks do not consume Stamina.
- Level 2 — Ominous Rainfall: Increases Blood Blossom DMG by an amount equal to 10% of Hu Tao’s Max HP at the time the effect is applied. Spirit Soother will also apply the Blood Blossom effect.
- Level 3 — Lingering Carmine: Increases the Level of Guide to Afterlife by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 — Garden of Eternal Rest: Upon defeating an enemy affected by a Blood Blossom that Hu Tao applied herself, all nearby allies in the party (excluding Hu Tao herself) will have their CRIT Rate increased by 12% for 15s.
- Level 5 — Floral Incense: Increases the Level of Spirit Soother by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 — Butterfly’s Embrace: Hu Tao will not fall as a result of DMG sustained. Additionally, for the next 10s, all of her Elemental and Physical RES is increased by 200%, her CRIT Rate is increased by 100%, and her resistance to interruption is greatly increased. This effect triggers automatically when Hu Tao has 1 HP left. Can only occur once every 60s.
Best Hu Tao Artifacts in Genshin Impact
The best Hu Tao build utilizes Artifacts that increase her Pyro bonus damage. We recommend using the Crimson Witch of Flames as it gives Hu Tao a +15% to her Pyro DMG Bonus, while the full set increases her Overloaded and Burning DMG by 40%.
If that wasn’t enough, the Crimson Witch Flames set increases Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15%. This makes it particularly useful if you’re running any team comps that utilize these elemental reactions.
- Read More: Genshin Impact patch 2.2 leaks
Meanwhile, Elemental Skills increase the 2-Piece Set effects by 50% for 10s, giving Hu Tao even greater DPS. While most Genshin Impact characters can utilize various Artifact sets, the sheer power Crimson Witch of Flames gives Hu Tao is unmatched. In fact, we recommend that you don’t build anything else.
As of writing, this is the best Hu Tao Artifact set:
Crimson Witch of Flames
|2-Piece: Pyro DMG Bonus +15%. 4-Piece: Increases Overloaded and Burning DMG by 40%. Increases Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15%. Using an Elemental Skill increases the 2-Piece Set Bonus by 50% of its starting value for 10s. Max 3 stacks.|
Staff of Homa
|HP increased by 20%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 0.8% of the wielder’s Max HP. When the wielder’s HP is less than 50%, this ATK bonus is increased by an additional 1% of Max HP.|
Primordial Jade Winged-Spear
|On hit, increases ATK by 3.2% for 6s. Max 7 stacks. This effect can only occur once every 0.3s. While in possession of the maximum possible stacks, DMG dealt is increased by 12%.|
|If there are at least 2 opponents nearby, ATK is increased by 16% and DEF is increased by 16%. If there are fewer than 2 opponents nearby, ATK is increased by 24%.|
|Talent Level-Up Materials|
|Talent Level-Up Materials||Teachings of Diligence x9||Guide to Diligence x63||Philosophies of Diligence x114|
|Common Ascension Materials||Whopperflower Nectar x18||Shimmering Nectar x66||Energy Nectar x93|
|Weekly Boss Materials||Shard of Foul Legacy x18|
Hu Tao Ascension Materials
Hu Tao banner rerun in Genshin Impact
The Hu Tao banner rerun is speculated to return in a future update. While miHoYo has yet to give an official release date, one trusted leaker TZ (Tangzhu) believes that the Hu Tao banner rerun could be returning in 2.2.
- Read More: Childe banner rerun in Genshin Impact
Hu Tao proved incredibly popular upon her release in version 1.3, so there’s certainly a lot of hype around this Hu Tao’s banner rerun.
Hu Tao Genshin Impact trailer
Hu Tao’s Genshin Impact trailer showcases the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor Director doing what she does best – getting up to mischief. The “Hu Tao: Let the Living Beware” character demo showed the ghost-loving girl spooking two thieves before sending them to the afterlife.
A Fatui gang is also taken care of with some scorching blows from her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst. Even the zombie girl herself, QiQi, makes a brief appearance.
Best Hu Tao team comp
The best Hu Tao team utilizes Xingqiu, Bennet, and Zhongli. This team enables Hu Tao to dish out as much damage as possible. Xingqiu’s Elemental Skill constantly ensures you’re proccing Vaporize (2x DMG), while Bennet’s Elemental Burst buffs Hu Tao’s attack and can heal her if she takes too much damage.
Bennet’s Pyro element also Increases the party’s ATK by 25%, which makes him the perfect support character. Lastly, Zhongli adds a layer of survivability to the team, protecting Hu Tao with tanky shields and even petrifying enemies with his Elemental Burst.
This ensures Hu Tao can unleash as much damage as humanely possible, without ever needing to worry about taking damage. If you’re after a team that can defeat Genshin Impact’s toughest foes and bosses, then this best Hu Tao team comp will enable you to do just that.
So, there you have it, the best Hu Tao build in Genshin Impact. Make sure you check out our other guides:
Best Kokomi build | Best Baal build Baal | Best Ayaka build| Genshin Impact promo codes | Best way to get Mora fast | Cross save, how to link PC, Mobile, and PS4 accounts | How to get more Primogems and Wishes